Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our little police dog

So Griffey barks like a maniac pretty much every night in our bedroom. I get up most of the time and see a cat walking by or a squirrel or sometimes nothing at all. For some reason though, C knows when his barks are real "There are bad guys walking around outside" barks.

Thursday night while we were sleeping, Griffey started going crazy. C woke up and looked outside and there were two guys walking by. I got up to take the puppies out for some mid-sleeping potty time and noted it was 3:38 a.m. When we got back upstairs C asked if the truck that was parked next to our house had been there when we went to bed. I told him it wasn't and started spying into the back of the truck from the upstairs window. I saw one of the kids come back to the truck and drive away. We all laid back down in bed.

A few minutes later I heard another car coming down the street and said "What the heck are all these people doing driving around at 3:30 on weeknight?" We heard the car park and a door close. I got up to see what was going on and the kids had driven back, gotten out the truck and were shining a flashlight into C's car. Before I could alert him, C was already yelling at the kids to leave. They started running to the truck and I shouted at them as well for good measure.

Thanks to Griffey, another T-town robbery has been averted!

No comments:

Post a Comment